"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Winston Churchill

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Lawis Day Care


It's been a year since I visited Lawis Day Care Center in Roxas City. The last time I was here, the teacher had indicated they needed chalk and clay. One of the children's projects is shaping clay into various objects. But I didn't have any clay. I did have a pail of big colored chalk which was donated by Rosemary Driscoll. I gave this to the teacher along with color pencils and crayons.

Each of the three or four-year old kids received a notebook and pencil from Balay ni Charie. According to the teacher, the kids are learning to write their names. There are 2 sessions, one in the morning and one in the afternoon and around 40 kids come to the Center daily. I must remember to bring clay next time.

Balay ni Charie is now on its 7th year of "humanitarian" service to the Capiz community, thanks in large part to our generous donors.

*  *  *

Image by Charie

No comments: